Putting your home on the market can be a pretty intimidating proposition. You probably have a lot of questions. Here are a few that are frequently asked with some answers:
How does the process start?
- I will walk you through all of the paperwork and I will give pricing suggestions based on a comparative market analysis using similar properties that have sold in the area recently
- I will schedule a professional photographer to do a photo shoot of the house
- I will create a 3d model of the house to add to our marketing package for the house
- I will measure the square footage
- I will discussing our strategy for showing the home working with the details of your schedule and being as accommodating as possible while making the house as accessible as possible.
How do showings work?
- All showings will be arranged through our central showing service.
- I will have the showing instructions set up so that notice can be given to you if you are still living in the home, or if it is vacant showings can be set up to allow for instant confirmation and you will receive a notice
- You will automatically receive feedback given about the showing from the showing agent
How long can I expect for my house to be on the market before I get an offer?
- This can vary greatly depending on market conditions, location and type of the property, and pricing. I will give you an educated estimate when we discuss pricing details and analyze the market.
What info do I need to provide about the property?
- It is helpful to provide any copies of plats of surveys, deed restrictions, or any other info that you may have on file
- You may decide to get a home inspection done prior to putting the house on the market. This can be very helpful for both you and a potential buyer.
What closing costs will I have?
- Attorney for deed preparation
- Revenue Stamps (sales tax)
- Prorated Property Taxes
- Realtor Commission
- Mortgage Payoff
- Prorated HOA/Road Maintenance Fees