Looking to purchase a home in Western North Carolina? Typically there are many questions that you may have when you are just getting started. Here are some frequently asked questions with answers that may help.
What are the first steps that I need to take?
- Work towards selecting areas that suit your needs
- Make a connection with a lender and get a pre-qualification
- Have your buyer's agent select properties that are within your criteria and keep you updated on what is new
Should I work with a buyer's agent?
- A buyer's agent is a very valuable tool in the home buying process. The NC Real Estate Commission prefers that all buyers have representation in a home purchase transaction so that their best interests are protected. As your buyer's agent I can do everything from preparing and walking you through the appropriate paperwork, educating you on what inspections are recommended to educating you on the areas many attractions and activities.
What inspections am I going to need to get?
- Typically three main inspections are what I recommend as a minimum. They are a general home inspection, a radon inspection, and a pest inspection. Additional inspections such as a septic or well inspection may be required as well as a survey of the property.
What are the typical closing costs associated with a purchase?
- Attorney Fee and Title Search
- Lender Fees
- Property Insurance
- Prorated HOA/Road Maintenance Fees
- Prorated Property Taxes
- Title Insurance